Our philosophy is founded on these basic principles:
• The long-term care industry meets a vital need in our society. It should be governed by the highest standards of professionalism and committed to delivering quality care.
• Consumers of long-term care deserve to be treated with honesty, respect, and consideration.
• Consumers need access to reliable information about long-term care providers. Choosing a provider can have a major impact on quality of life. The more information consumers have, the better their choices will be.
• The long-term care industry needs more uniform information standards to reward professionalism and prevent fraud and abuse.
• Providers of quality care deserve to be recognized for their commitment to the people they serve.